For the third straight year, the Deadline Club organized a career development and résumé critique workshop for journalism students in New York City on March 5, otherwise known as a "Slice & Dice" workshop.
Jeff Zucker, whose move to the helm of CNN a year ago put him squarely in the middle of the rough-and-tumble cable television news wars, will be the keynote speaker at the Deadline Club's 2014 Awards Dinner on May 19. Zucker, ...
This second act brought down the house when the The Deadline Club returned to Sardi’s for its Hall of Fame ceremony on Nov. 14.
The Deadline Club, which is the New York City chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, received the society’s Chapter of the Year award at its annual Excellence in Journalism convention in Anaheim, Calif. in August.
The Deadline Club is pleased to announce the winners in the 2013 Annual Awards Contest, which honors excellence in journalism in 2012.
Jeff Zucker, whose move to the helm of CNN a year ago put him squarely in the middle of the rough-and-tumble cable television news wars, will be the keynote speaker at the Deadline Club’s 2014 Awards Dinner on May 19.
Zucker, 48, whose television career began in the late 1980s, will be interviewed by a journalist yet to be named at the dinner, which will be held at the Waldorf Astoria. Tickets for the event, at which winners of The Club’s 31 journalism contest categories will be announced, are expected to go on sale late next month.
Since becoming president of CNN Worldwide early last year, Zucker has been managing the network’s two-front ratings war against Fox News Channel on its right and MSNBC on its left. Among the news brands that Zucker oversees are CNN’s U.S. television network, CNN International, HLN and CNN Digital.
Zucker had been president and CEO of NBC Universal since 2007, after a meteoric rise that began when, at age 26, he became the youngest executive producer of the Today program in 1992, a position he held for eight years. Zucker also was briefly executive producer of the NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw.
- February 24, 2014CNN's Jeff Zucker to speak at May 19 Awards Dinner
- February 11, 2014Entry Period for 2014 Awards Contest Extended to Feb. 28
The Deadline Club is stretching the deadline for its awards contest.
- February 7, 2014The Deadline Club's Midwinter Networking Mixer
Join us at Sardi's on Tuesday for our midwinter networking mixer.
- December 26, 2013The Club’s Holiday Party Returns to Salmagundi
The Club celebrated the holidays in style in the historic Greenwich Village brownstone of the...
- November 21, 2013Hall of Fame Lights Up Sardi’s
This second act brought down the house when the The Deadline Club returned to Sardi’s for its Hall...
- November 20, 2013Raise a Cup of Good Cheer at The Club's Holiday Bash (Dec. 12)
Come toast the conclusion of another eventful year at our Annual Holiday Party & Election at the...
- September 4, 2013Hall of Fame Revival Set for November
The Deadline Club is pleased to announce the revival of the New York Journalism Hall of Fame.
- September 3, 2013A Full-Day Social Media Workshop (Sept. 28)
The Deadline Club will host a full-day workshop with hands on training in multimedia and social...
- September 2, 2013SPJ Chapter of the Year
The Deadline Club, which is the New York City chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists,...
- May 16, 2013The 2013 Deadline Club Awards Show
The third time was a charm.
- May 16, 2013Awards Winners and Finalists Presented in 2013
The Deadline Club is pleased to announce the winners in the 2013 Annual Awards Contest, which honors...
- May 13, 2013SPJ President Condemns Government’s Seizure of AP Phone Records
The governing board of The Deadline Club voted in its board meeting tonight to support and publish...
- May 10, 2013Congratulations to the 2013 Scholarship Winners
The Deadline Club Foundation awarded a record $10,000 in scholarships to local journalism students...
- May 10, 2013SPJ Brings its Annual Convention to California this August
Registration is Now Open for the 2013 Excellence in Journalism convention, co-sponsored by the...
- April 18, 2013Managing Editors of WSJ and Fortune to Headline Awards Dinner
This year we have another exceptional event in store, with Gerard Baker, the newly-appointed...
- April 10, 2013The Club's Right to Know Panel Rocks CUNY
The Deadline Club hosted a panel of top experts in big data, media ethics and the First Amendment to...