The Deadline Club scholarship program is open to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in journalism or journalism-oriented communications programs in the New York metropolitan area. As many as four merit-based scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded to select students. All applications, including supporting materials, such as samples of work and letters of recommendation, must be submitted to the scholarship website by April 26. For complete eligibility rules, or to submit an online application, go to the scholarship entry website. Winners will be invited to the Deadline Club Awards Dinner featuring Megyn Kelly on May 10.
At a Glance
What: Deadline Club Scholarships
When: Application deadline: Tuesday, April 26 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
Award: $2,500 individual scholarships available for up to four awards.
Apply: All applications must be submitted through the scholarship entry website.
- April 5, 2016Unlocking Public Records Panel April 27th at CUNY
- April 5, 2016Deadline Club Announces Awards Finalists
- March 2, 2016SPJ/Deadline Club Free Media Networking Mixer
- January 4, 2016Deadline Club Awards Contest Closed!
Entries for the Deadline Club’s awards contest, which honors excellence in New York journalism,...
- December 11, 20152015 Deadline Club Hall of Fame
- December 3, 2015SPJ / Deadline Club Holiday Gala & Elections
- November 10, 2015Sold Out: Hall of Fame at Sardi's on November 19
- September 27, 2015Deadline Club Skills Workshop: Get On Top of Social Media with the Latest Tools
- August 27, 2015Condolences for slain journalists
- August 25, 2015Cameras in the courtroom: deadline to comment extended to Nov. 13
- August 24, 2015Register for Excellence in Journalism by Sept. 3 and see you in Orlando
- July 14, 2015SPJ/Deadline Club Free Rooftop Media Networking Mixer--Tuesday, July 21, 6-9 p.m.
- June 8, 2015Deadline Club Media Mixer Wed. June 17
- June 8, 2015SPJ JournCamp Arrives in the City on June 13
- May 15, 201516 News Organizations Win 30 Deadline Club ‘Rubes’ at Gala Ceremony
- May 12, 2015Club Reveals 2015 Awards Winners at May 12 Waldorf Dinner