SPJ’s official statement on slain journalists in Virginia
For the official statement from President-Elect Steve Fletcher go here.
NY Press Club extends condolences for slain journalists
The New York Press Club is extending its condolences to the families, friends and co-workers of the two TV journalists shot while on-air in Virginia. The club’s president, Steve Scott, issued a statement Wednesday on behalf of its 300 members. Scott said WDBJ-TV reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were young and “full of life,” with bright futures. He says they died serving their viewing public.
- August 25, 2015Cameras in the courtroom: deadline to comment extended to Nov. 13
- August 24, 2015Register for Excellence in Journalism by Sept. 3 and see you in Orlando
- July 14, 2015SPJ/Deadline Club Free Rooftop Media Networking Mixer--Tuesday, July 21, 6-9 p.m.
- June 8, 2015Deadline Club Media Mixer Wed. June 17
- June 8, 2015SPJ JournCamp Arrives in the City on June 13
- May 15, 201516 News Organizations Win 30 Deadline Club ‘Rubes’ at Gala Ceremony
- May 12, 2015Club Reveals 2015 Awards Winners at May 12 Waldorf Dinner
- May 12, 2015Judges comments from the 2015 awards
- May 12, 2015Big Picture Debate at The Deadline Club’s ‘Limits of Free Speech’ Panel
- May 11, 2015Scholarship Winners from the 2015 Students' Contest
- May 10, 2015Who Gets the Rube? Club to Announce Awards Tuesday
- April 30, 2015Apply by May 15 for Business Reporting Fellowship -- Up to $15,000 from CUNY J-School
- April 2, 2015Media Mixer at Connolly's on May 7
- April 2, 2015Early Bird Ticket Rates End May 1
- March 30, 2015Deadline Club 2015 Annual Awards Dinner Tickets on sale for May 12 at the Waldorf
- March 30, 20152015 Contest Award Judges