Nominations for officers for the new Digital and Freelance communities in SPJ are open until December 31. Get involved!
The winners of the 2014 Deadline Club Awards were announced on May 19th at the Waldorf Astoria. Congratulations to all.
Congratulations to the four winners. Each winner will receive a $2,500 scholarship.
The Society of Professional Journalists has one more deadline fast approaching before the new year – the election of officers in both of their newer landscapes, the Digital and Freelance Communities, that opened this summer.
The Digital Community focuses on social media and digital innovations in journalism and the wider effects on the industry. The Freelance Community is a virtual chapter that meets online and aims to serve freelancing SPJ members from all corners of the organization with a broad and ever-expanding network of resources. There are various positions available in each community that offer great ways for members to get involved in some of SPJ’s up-and-coming projects.
All nominees must be current SPJ members (to check your status, click here). Once members are logged in to SPJ’s website, they can sign up, free of charge, for either community in order to apply for a position, nominate an individual or take part in the voting process that is expected to open January 7, 2015.
But hurry – nominations for the positions are only open until December 31, 2014. For information, read SPJ President Dana Neuts’ Freedom of the Prez blog post here. If you have any questions about this process, contact SPJ’s new community coordinator Alex Veeneman here.
Results will be announced by January 19, 2015, and the terms of elected leaders run from February 1, 2015 through September 20, 2015, which is the last day of SPJ’s national convention in Orlando.
- November 11, 2014For Holiday Cheer: Come to The Deadline Club's Annual Party & 2015 Board Elections
Come one, come all to The Deadline Club’s annual Holiday Party on Thursday, December 11.
- October 7, 2014Branded Content: The Death of Journalism or its Savior?
Is “sponsored news” just a fancy word for advertising or a great job opportunity crucial for the...
- September 26, 2014Congratulations to the 2014 Award Winners
The winners of the 2014 Deadline Club Awards were announced on May 19th at the Waldorf Astoria.
- September 17, 2014Free SPJ/Deadline Club Media Mixer on September 23
- July 26, 2014Media Networking Mixer on August 6
- May 19, 2014The 2014 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the four winners.
- April 17, 2014The 2014 Annual Awards Finalists
The Deadline Club is pleased to announce the finalists in the 2014 Annual Awards Contest,...
- April 10, 2014Crowbar Journalism: Prying up News with Freedom of Information Laws
Learn how journalists use freedom of information laws to uncover government corruption, secrecy and...
- April 10, 2014CNN’s Zucker to be interviewed by Bill Carter of The Times at Awards Dinner
Bill Carter, who covers the television industry for The New York Times, will be this year’s guest...
- February 24, 2014CNN's Jeff Zucker to speak at May 19 Awards Dinner
- February 11, 2014Entry Period for 2014 Awards Contest Extended to Feb. 28
The Deadline Club is stretching the deadline for its awards contest.
- February 7, 2014The Deadline Club's Midwinter Networking Mixer
Join us at Sardi's on Tuesday for our midwinter networking mixer.
- December 26, 2013The Club’s Holiday Party Returns to Salmagundi
The Club celebrated the holidays in style in the historic Greenwich Village brownstone of the...
- November 21, 2013Hall of Fame Lights Up Sardi’s
This second act brought down the house when the The Deadline Club returned to Sardi’s for its Hall...
- November 20, 2013Raise a Cup of Good Cheer at The Club's Holiday Bash (Dec. 12)
Come toast the conclusion of another eventful year at our Annual Holiday Party & Election at the...
- September 4, 2013Hall of Fame Revival Set for November
The Deadline Club is pleased to announce the revival of the New York Journalism Hall of Fame.