Two Deadline Club board members are running in separate races for national SPJ positions. The candidates are:
Claire Regan, who is serving her third term as Deadline Club president, is running for one of two At-Large Director positions on the national board. An active member of the Deadline Club executive board for more than 20 years, she has chaired the Hall of Fame luncheon, the annual awards dinner and the SPJ regional conference.
Ivette Davila-Richards, who serves on the Deadline Club’s executive council, is running for national Secretary-Treasurer.
You can view the complete bios and campaign platforms for both candidates on SPJ’s website at:
Who Can Vote:
- All SPJ members of record (with dues current) as of Friday, Sept. 4, will receive ballots via email for the election of its national officers by email.
- Make sure your membership dues and email address on record are current before Friday, Sept. 4, in order to vote. You can check your status by going to www.spj.org and clicking “member sign in” in the upper right corner or by contacting SPJ Membership Manager Caroline Escobar at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 317-927-8000 x213. OR join or renew your membership at the website before Friday this week in order to vote and get a big discount on the conference, as well as other benefits.
- You’ll be eligible to vote whether or not you register for the SPJ 2020 Journalism Conference (Sept. 12-13).
- Check that you’re receiving SPJ emails, and that they’re not going to your spam or promotions folder. Keep an eye out for the voting ballot that will be emailed to all members of record at noon Eastern Time on Friday, Sept. 11.
- Voting will end at noon Eastern Time on Sunday, Sept. 13. It only takes a few minutes to follow the link and cast your ballot. You’ll need the election email from SPJ to vote electronically and will have 48 hours to log in and do so, using your unique email.
- Please check your inbox for important emails from SPJ regarding its national election (Sept. 12-13)—and see our voter registration checklist below.
- Register to view the online conference at https://www.spj.org/
convention.asp. ($45 for pro members; $25 for student members; $95 for non-member pros; $45 for non-member students.)